- Karlsson, Martin, and Masaru Yarime, "Reflexivity in Development
Assistance: The Obstacles of Dual Accountability and Communicative Asymmetry in Achieving Reflexive Governance," International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice, forthcoming.
- Mutisya, Emmanuel, and Masaru Yarime, "Microfinance for the Urban Bottom of the Pyramid Segment in Nairobi’s Kibera Slum in Kenya: Does Financial Training Impact on Sustainable Urban Development?" African Journal of Sustainable Development, 4 (1), 1-15 (2014).
- Yarime, Masaru, and Gregory Trencher, "Creating Innovation to Address Societal Challenges: An Analysis of Stakeholder Collaboration and Social Experimentation" (in Japanese), Journal of Science Policy and Research Management, 29 (2/3), 118-131 (2014).
- Sato, Jun, Toshihide Sato, Yuji Nakagawa, Sho Hayashi, Sho Matsumoto, Hideaki Shiroyama, Makiko Matsuo, and Masaru Yarime, "Challenges in the Diffusion of Recycled Phosphorus from Sewage Systems in Japan" (in Japanese), Sociotechnica, 11, 108-118 (2014).
- Yarime, Masaru, "Transforming Japanese Science and Technology to Meet Societal Challenges," in Frank Baldwin and Anne Allison, eds.,
Japan: The Precarious Future, New York: New York University Press,forthcoming.
- Mochizuki, Yoko, and Masaru Yarime, "Education for Sustainable Development and Sustainability Science: Re-purposing Higher Education and Research," in Matthias Barth, Gerd Michelsen, Marco Rieckmann, and Ian Geoffrey Thomas, eds., Routledge Handbook of Higher Education for Sustainable Development, London: Routledge, forthcoming.
- Yarime, Masaru, Cynthia Carliell-Marquet, Deborah T. Hellums, Yuliya Kalmykova, Daniel J. Lang, Quang Bao Le, Dianne Malley, Kazuyo Matsubae, Makiko Matsuo, Hisao Ohtake, Alan Omlin, Sebastian Petzet, Roland W. Scholz, Hideaki Shiroyama, Andrea E. Ulrich, and Paul Watts, "Dissipation and Recycling: What Losses, What Dissipation Impacts, and What Recycling Options?" in Roland W. Scholz, Amit H. Roy, Fridolin S. Brand, Debbie T. Hellums, and Andrea E. Ulrich, eds., Sustainable Phosphorus Management: A Global Transdisciplinary Roadmap, Dordrecht: Springer, 247-274 (2014).
- Gomes, Catarina, and Masaru Yarime, "Diversity of Human Capital as a Driver for Corporate Responsibility Engagement: The Case of the Luxury Industry," in Miguel Angel Gardetti and Ana Laura Torres, eds., Sustainable Luxury: Managing Social and Environmental Performance in Iconic Brands, Sheffield, United Kingdom: Greenleaf Publishing, 148-162 (2014).
- Trencher, Gregory, Xuemei Bai, James Evans, Kes B McCormick, and Masaru Yarime, "University Partnerships for Co-designing and Co-producing Urban Sustainability," Global Environmental Change, 28, 153–165 (2014).
- Kharrazi, Ali, Steven Kraines, Lan Hoang, and Masaru Yarime, "Advancing quantification methods of sustainability: A critical examination of emergy, exergy, ecological footprint, and ecological information-based approaches," Ecological Indicators, 37, 81–89 (2014).
- Trencher, Gregory, Masaru Yarime, Kes McCormick, Christopher Doll, and Steven Kraines, "Beyond the third mission: Exploring the emerging university function of co-creation for sustainability," Science and Public Policy, 41 (2), 151-179 (2014).
- Mutisya, Emmanuel, and Masaru Yarime, "Moving towards urban sustainability in Kenya: a framework for integration of environmental, economic, social, and governance dimensions," Sustainability Science, 9 (2), 205-215 (2014).
- Hill Clarvis, Margot, Martin Halle, Ivo Mulder, and Masaru Yarime, "Towards a new framework to account for environmental risk in sovereign credit risk analysis," Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment, 4 (2), 147-160 (2014).