Program completion certification
Number of Credits Required for Completion
A total of at least 12 credits are required for completion including 2 credits of joint seminar (required), 2 credits of Basic Course A (Policy Processes and Institutions—required elective), 2 credits of Basic Course B (Evidence-making Techniques—required elective), and 6 credits of basic courses, applied courses, and field specific research courses.
*Courses can be taken by graduate students (master’s and doctorate students).
||No. of Credits
|Basic Course A:
Policy Processes and Institutions
|Basic Course B:
Evidence Development Methodologies
||Basic courses, applied courses,
and field-specific research courses
*A certificate of completion is issued to students who complete the number of credits required for completion.
*Students can also take individual classes without aiming for completion.
- To register for the program, fill in the necessary items on the STIG Registration Form when taking the required courses and submit this to the STIG Education Program Office by the deadline.
- Courses should be completed in accordance with the completion procedures and methods specified by the graduate school or other institution which the student is affiliated with, by the date stipulated by the graduate school, etc.
Registration Form Download
Accreditation of Credits
Credits and grades assessment are conducted for each course. When students complete courses in another graduate school, the accreditation of credits is in accordance with the policies of the school to which the student is affiliated.
A Certificate of Completion in the name of the chair of the University of Tokyo Education Steering Committee will be granted to students who have applied for registration, completed the required credits specified by this education program, and applied by the specified date on UT-mate for the University-wide Graduate Education Program WEB completion certificate.
- Certificates of completion will not be issued to students who do not apply upon completion of graduate school, even if they have fulfilled the STIG education program completion requirements.
- Certificates of completion will be issued to students who have fulfilled the STIG education program completion requirements and carried out the certificate of completion application procedures upon completion of graduate school.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled the requirements to be granted a certificate of completion will not be contacted.
- Depending on the academic year, some courses may have not be included in STIG program. Surely check with syllabus before registration if the course to take is accredited in this program for the corresponding year.
The latest information and detailed application procedures will be presented on this website.